With the move to our new office fast approaching, we now have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and talented Web and UX Designer.
An integral part of our team, web designers are responsible for developing and communicating concepts that inspire implementation. Involved from the outset, you’ll be part of the entire process from early meetings to establish business objectives – to overseeing the testing and launch of a completed website.
With operational support from project managers and directors, you’ll be working as part of a team to create the best possible digital solution that exceeds our client’s expectations. You’ll be involved in the design, development and support of a wide variety of projects, typically within the popular WordPress or Magento framework.
A perfectionist, you’re happy to go the extra mile to hit deadlines and to consistently push your own skills and experience. Rather than waiting to be trained and inspired, you take it upon yourself to further your development and learn new things. You’ll be part of knowledge-share workshops, allocate time for research and development and have an interest in attending relevant industry events to continually hone your skills, observe trends and adopt best-practice.
Responsible for your own time management, you will be expected to plan your diary in advance to allow projects to be completed on-time, on-budget and to the expected standards. With support from your line manager and team, your operational duties are as follows
- Calendar/Deadline Management – to ensure that all allocated projects you’re working on are scheduled and completed against deadline
- Proposals – supporting the creation of effective client proposals
- Client Meetings – when relevant, attending client meetings to
contribute and aid project progression
- Process Challenging – to continually improve and evolve our processes and standards
- Personal Development Plan – maintain a ‘PDP’ to track the progress of personal goals aligned with the businesses’ objectives
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and Illustration in particular)
- Ability to understand customer needs and translate into an effective website.
- Work as part of team and consistently communicate effectively with both colleagues and
- The ability to wireframe/prototype design visuals as part of the design process and
confidently communicate your ideas and choices
- Design professional, refined website design visuals for client presentation
- A strong eye for detail, natural creativity and consideration for UX (User experience)
- Familiarity with mobile design best-practice and ‘Responsive’ web design
- The ability to prioritise workload and deliver projects on time
- Accurately check your work
- Minimum two years’ experience either freelance, in-house or agency
A solid understanding of typography, colour, grid, and composition. Can demonstrate best
practices for pixel-perfect production methods and specifications.
- Have a broad range of style that can be consistently executed.
- Up to date knowledge of technologies and design trends and a desire to develop these!
- Experience designing with the application ‘Sketch’
- Experience of front-end development with WordPress and Magento
- Experience with version control, CSS Pre-Processors and Task Runners
- An up-to-date knowledge of technical/on-page SEO and Google best-practice
- Familiarity with conversion rate optimization principals and best practice
- A solid understanding of hosting infrastructure, security, email and domain management
- Hold either a HND or Bachelor’s degree (or higher) within a creative discipline (not essential)
Besides working with an exciting and innovative Future 50 company you’ll get to share in our rapidly growing success:
- Competitive salary inline with your talent, skill and experience
- 20 days’ holiday per year plus all British Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to attend leading industry conferences and events
- The opportunity to participate in training and certification programmes
- Apple workstation with all required licensed software
- Inclusive fruit and hot beverages within the office (fully-fueled by caffeine as required!)
- Onsite shower facilities – The new office is surrounded by fields, great running country.
- Commission structure for the referral of both clients and team members
- MVP recognition programme – The coveted ‘Duvet Day’ could be yours
- Opportunity to work with industry thought leaders and innovators
- Be part of a culture for learning and development
If you would like to discuss the role, please call us on 0333 358 3343 or email [email protected]