It’s my great pleasure to share our first web development project win at the inaugural UK Dev Awards held online on March 11th 2021, with our category win for ‘Best Site Migration’ for our work with Reuters News Agency.
Having been shortlisted in four different categories for our clients Nelly Duff, Vine House Farm and Reuters News Agency, we were delighted to have our work recognised at this level, showcasing the hard work, dedication and creativity delivered across our teams and demonstrating the strength of our client partnerships, who put their trust in our knowledge and expertise.
The background to the impact
Following the separation in 2019 of several independent Reuters services onto their own unique websites, their marketing teams realised it had degraded user experience and they had lost substantial SEO traffic. Following a well-received SEO audit of Reuters’ website property, StrategiQ were further commissioned to action our recommendation of consolidating and migrating various satellite websites onto a single WordPress website to recover SEO, improve UX and centralise development. The project ran on a tight budget and incorporated some of the following features:
- Induction and inheritance of an existing core WordPress site built with Divi Builder
- Key UX enhancements to some areas of the design, lead-gen forms and new page layouts
- Identification and appraisal of the existing estate of websites for migration and consolidation
- Incumbent Divi Builder theme development, updates and performance tuning
- Export content from existing CMS platform and migrate onto their new WordPress sections
- Identification and maintenance of all ranking keywords for the inbound migrations
- Upgrade of the translation implementation via WPML for improved UX and SEO
- Project management to co-ordinate the migrations and 301 redirects for a seamless transition
Following on from previous auditing and SEO work, this was our first large development project with the Reuters News Agency team and its success has led onto new project collaborations, including providing a technical SEO consultation and implementation, to support a new CMS for the recently relaunched flagship reuters.com website.
Having completed the project inline with the initial deadline and achieved the KPIs and objectives of the project, we are thrilled that our collective team effort was recognised by the UK Dev Awards judges.
The Online Awards Ceremony
It was an event to be celebrated, with the entire team dialing remotely into the online-only event hosted by Don’t Panic Events, who have been tremendous in keeping their popular Awards series in place during the ongoing pandemic:
As always, this was a massive team effort and I would like to give a personal ‘Thank You’ to all those who were close to the project:
- Tom – who scoped and led development.
- Sean – lead project developer
- Becky – UX and CRO
- Tyler – leading the project ops
- Oli – SEO strategy and migration
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help your business with site migrations and web development, contact us and let’s start a conversation or why not sign up to our enewsletter for the latest news and updates.